Brake Fluid HBF 4
- The brake fluid forms an essential component in the braking system of a car. In service, the brake fluid absorbs moisture which causes a significant reduction in the boiling point of the brake fluid, with a consequent risk of vapour lock
- Thanks to its higher boiling point, Brake Fluid DOT 3 offers additional safety margin against water pick up
- It provides corrosion protection for metals used in braking systems: cast iron, aluminium, steel, copper, brass etc.
- Compatible with rubber seals and hoses
- CHARACTERISTICS Volumetric mass at 15°C kg/m3 1055 Viscosity at –40°C (max) mm²/s 1800 Viscosity at 100°C (min) mm²/s 1,5 Dry boiling point (min) °C 230 Wet boiling point (min) °C 140
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Follow vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations when adding brake fluid.
- Keep brake fluid clean and dry. Contamination with dirt, water, petroleum products or other materials may result in brake failure or costly repairs.
- Store brake fluid only in its original container. Keep container clean and tightly closed to prevent absorption of moisture.
- Do not refill container, and do not use for other liquids.
Meets SAE J1703 and FMVSS Nr.116 DOT 4 and ISO 4925 specifications.
- The TOTAL Brake Fluid DOT 4 is a heavy duty brake and clutch with a minimum boiling point of 238°C [460°F]
- It is recommended for brake and clutch systems of all vehicles using synthetic fluids when a DOT 4 level or higher is not required
- It is completely miscible with one another and are compatible with other approved DOT glycol ether and borate ester brake fluids
- It must not be mixed with silicone ester type brake fluids and mineral based fluids (LHM)